Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Oh look, I have a blog...

Someone once told me that I should write a blog. When I asked him why, he told me it was because I am smart, funny, and inspirational (although, I really don't think so) and that I should share those things with the world. Quite frankly, I really didn't think that people would care, or want to read a blog by an opinionated, realistic, smart ass, cancer survivor, who more often than not ends up putting her foot in her mouth. Needless to say, I laughed off his suggestion several times, calling him silly and telling him that no one would read it or care, and each time I told him no he told me that I would be surprised, and continued to encourage me. He planted the seed in my head for this blog, and that seed was nurtured and watered by several others (I'm looking at you Carolyn, Abbey, Colleen, and Adeline) who also think that I should share the things I have to say. You can blame them for the posts that will follow.

I suppose I should say something about myself. The first thing you should know is that I am tiny, and I mean pocketsized tiny. I was once measured by a co-worker when we were pretending to do work, and he swears that I am 4'11, but it says that I am 5'0 on my drivers license, and since that is a government issued piece of documentation I am going to go with that.  I am a history student with a focus on 16th century English social policy. Yes, I know it sounds boring but I love it. I look like I could be Asian, but I'm not, and I really enjoy sweaters with thumb holes.  I love pilates and soccer, shopping and shoes, hiking and reading, music (i especially love those little gems i like to call guilty pleasures, like Hanson!).  I have bad addictions to coffee, lululemon athetica, philosophy bath and body products, and Bobbie Brown makeup. Hello Kitty makes me smile. Pink is my favorite colour.

One other thing you should know about me is that my boobs are 100% fake. Yes, i understand that is a very strange thing to tell the world, but, I have a legit reason. When I was 23 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. A result of that is my new government issue set, as I like to call them. Coincidentally, they are why this blog is called "Lopsided: Life, Love, and Everything in Between", and one of the reasons why I finally decided to start a blog. I want to be able to show people that cancer can happen to anyone, and that no, it is not a death sentence, and I hope at some point I can do that here.  

I can't promise that this will be interesting, or that I will have anything of value to say, but I am going to try. Sometimes it will be silly, sometimes it will be serious, and it might not always make sense, but I hope everyone enjoys it.

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment