Monday, 29 August 2011

Muesday's: Tuesday's Musings and Music

I've decided that I am going to start something I like to call Muesday's. Sounds fancy and exciting doesn't it?! I can assure that really, it's not. Basically, I'm doing this because Tuesdays are my favorite day of the week, for several reasons:

1) New Music Tuesdays: There is just something so awesome about the fact that new music comes out on itunes every Tuesday. I get a great deal of joy logging into my itunes and seeing and hearing what's new and wonderful in the world of music. More often than not (and perhaps more often than I should admit) I am late for appointments/work/school on Tuesdays because I am too busy judging new songs and albums, and finding new artists to help me get through the day. New music Tuesday on itunes is equivalent to taking mind altering, euphoric drugs. I just get so excited and happy!

2) Fresh Cuts at Anthropologie: As someone who enjoys shopping, perhaps a little too much, I love Tuesdays because that is the day of the week that my favorite store puts out all their new sale items. Who wouldn't like that?! Again, it's like taking drugs as there is nothing more satisfying and wonderful than getting a really awesome deal on something that you have wanted for a long time, but were too cheap to pay full price for.

3) Teen Mom/16 and Pregnant: I enjoy bad television. There is just something about it that makes you feel better to know that there are people out there who have it worse than you. Plus, I enjoy watching the drama unfold, for example, watching Amber beat her baby daddy Gary. It's like driving past the scene of a grisly accident. You know you shouldn't look, but at the same time you just can't bring yourself to tear your eyes away. MTV does an amazing job of feeding my bad television habit every Tuesday by bringing out the new episodes of Teen Mom/16 and Pregnant.

Because of all the awesome that Tuesday's hold, I invented Muesday's. It's really a combination of the word 'Tuesday' with musing, and music. Get it? Muesday. Anyway, what will basically happen on Muesday, is that I will post my daily Tuesday musings along with wonderful new music/my favorite song of the day. I think it's a pretty awesome idea if I do say so myself. What can I say, I'm a genius, and as you can tell, really modest.

Take a listen to Edmonton by Rose Cousins. She's an amazing singer/songwriter from Atlantic Canada. I stumbled upon her music one day, a while ago, on one of my many itunes adventures. It's an homage to my hometown, and plus, the message is something I can really relate to right now. Enjoy this!



xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment