Monday, 26 September 2011

Muesday: Oh Shit, Cue the Fight Song...

Holy shit, my LSAT is like 4ish days away. Time to panic and freak out! Cue the high pitched squealing noise, and commence rocking back and forth! Am I ready for this? Can I actually get a good enough score so I won't have to rewrite in December? Can I actually pull all the fragmented pieces of my life together, and manage to put them into a tiny box and push it away to the back of my mind until this is over? I think I need to revisit my old habits of compartmentalization. I am the queen of compartmentalization, or at least I was. Now, not so much. But desperate times call for desperate measures. This is no time for cheeseball sayings like "Stay calm, Have a cupcake" (although, I would love to just have a cupcake, and watch reruns of project runway, and Glee, which fills me with unprecedented amounts of joy). No, this is like preparing for a battle...the battle with your own mind, and the sadists at LSAC that write the LSAT. It's about being better than they are, and let's be serious, my superiority complex hasn't been hurt that much by the blows I have been dealt as of late, so I can be fairly certain that I am better than they are (maybe). For the better part of the last 3 months I have been a hermit. I have ignored my friends, been snappy towards my family, moody towards everyone, and for that I am truly sorry, but it's only my future here people. I need to take it seriously, and sure, there are several mitigating factors that contributed to my current propensity of viewing my life as a swirling vortex of pain and sadness, but, I am quite positive that it will abate, at least a little...after the LSAT.

I have decided that I am going to continue to share as many Canadian artists with the world/interweb/blogoshphere (which is not a real world, and I can't decide if I actually like it or not)/Russia (and let me extend a shout out to all you Russian's who read this! It gives me hope for when I actually fully pull a Napoleon and try to invade...perhaps you will invite me in with warm and loving, open arms, instead of burning all your crops and letting me freeze out in the cold, woefully unprepared for your winter, although being from Alberta, I think I might just survive...just a thought) as I can. Anyway, I am going to take a step away from my global ambitions, and finally share some music with you. Now, when the Midway State, a band out of Toronto, released their first album, I can honestly say that I was underwhelmed. I really only liked 3 or 4 songs from the entire thing. So you can only imagine how skeptical I was when their sophomore album hit the music world. Well, let me say this: my skepticism was completely and utterly unwarranted! Their new album, Paris or India is absolutely amazing! It is most definitely one of my favorite albums of 2011, and I highly recommend that you take a listen to it. The song Atlantic, is quite possibly one of my favourite songs on the album, and not just because it contains the word "London" (which is my most favourite place in the entire world), or because the music video was shot in England, but because it just has such a good beat, and also, being a sucker for good lyrics, it has a pretty decent message. So, enjoy Atlantic!



xoxo
Leah

P.S. This might be my last post for a few days (and I know you are all so very sad about that), but I am going to be studying, and while this offers a nice little distraction, I can't afford to have any distractions, otherwise I will end up a vagrant, badged, and marginalized for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment