Saturday, 24 September 2011

Sorry, but Could You Repeat That? I Said What?!

So remember that time I admitted to being a hypochondriac? Remember how I said that I tend to diagnose myself with various medical maladies? Well, I am pretty sure that senility is starting to set in at the ripe old age of 25. I always scoffed at my mother, who told me that once you turn 25 you start to slowly die, and I think this is the first time I have EVER said this, but I think she has a point. I am honestly losing my mind. This all stems, from yet another dinner time conversation. My sister was sitting at the table talking about her boyfriend. Apparently, I told him that you can get Llama's for free on Kijiji? I have no recollection of this happening. I don't even know how I would know that you could get llama's for free on Kijiji. First off, I don't usually peruse Kijiji, and second, why would I be looking for llama's? But I guess now he wants some llamas, for various reasons, and the blame has fallen to me. I mean, it's entirely possible that I mentioned something about llama's to him in passing, but let's get one thing straight, I say A LOT of things, most of the time before thinking about what I am actually saying. This usually gets me in trouble, as I either offend someone, or make really silly suggestions, like getting llamas for free. Also, why anyone in their right mind would want a llama is beyond me. They spit, and are smelly, and seem to be completely ridiculous creatures. What sort of evolutionary purpose to they actually serve? I'm no zoologist but I can't see if they have a point to existing or not.

The fact that I can't remember, for the life of me, when and where and why I told him that, is quite troubling. I rely on my mind and memory for lots of stuff. I mean, my brain tells me to beat my heart and breathe, so I can actually continue to live the dream and be completely kickass. And the fact that my memory appears to be going does not bode well for my future. Who knows, maybe I will forget that I wrote this. Dammit!


xoxo
Leah

4 comments:

  1. umm...
    http://llama-trade.deviantart.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a joke?! Why do so many people want Llamas? Some peoples kids...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been forgetting conversations since long before I hit 25. My response to a reminder is usually "sounds like something I would say," or occasionally "that doesn't sound like something I would have said."

    I can't even remember my own name atm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous,

    Because you can't seem to remember your own name, I am going to arbitrarily assign you one. If you are of the male persuasion, your name shall be Eustace, and if you are female, your name shall be Edwina. You may take your pick.

    Normally, I would have similar responses, however, I would really like to remember telling someone about Llama's as I feel as if that would have been a very funny conversation...

    ReplyDelete