Friday, 30 September 2011

You Look Not Awesome

I know I said I probably wouldn't be posting until after the LSAT, but my brain hurts, so here you go.

You know it's a good day when your sister turns to you and says, "no offense Leah, but you look NOT awesome". Thanks Carly, thanks a lot. Granted, I may have not showered in two days, my hair is a disaster, I have dark circles under my extra puffy eyes, and my nose is dripping like a faucet. Have I mentioned that I seem to have contracted whatever plague is currently going around? This is not optimal considering I write my LSAT tomorrow. I think I have already made the executive decision to rewrite it in December. Oh well, learning experience right? And it's not like they penalize you for writing more than once, in fact most schools take the better score now, rather than averaging them. Case in point, a friend of my dad's is a prominent crown prosecutor and she had to write 3 times before she was accepted into law school. I don't see this as being defeatist in any way shape or form, merely it is my acceptance of whatever is going to come my way tomorrow. I really hope no one wants to kill me because of my incessant sniffling, although, from what I hear, it's a rather stressful environment, so the likelihood of me getting shived with a #2 HB pencil during the break is quite high.

Also, I just have to say that there are an obscene amount of rules when writing the LSAT. I think my favorite is "fire arms are not allowed" and "no mathematical compasses". I don't see how a mathematical compass is going to help you resolve the paradox on a logical reasoning question, or for a question that asks you the main point of a reading comprehension passage, but hey, obviously someone once tried something unethical with a mathematical compass. Also, firearms are not allowed, but what about knives? Those aren't specifically banned, neither are swords. I am actually very curious as to what would happen if someone brought a samurai sword to the test centre. It's not on the list of contraband items (although metal water bottles are, and they can only be 591 ml...what is this, the TSA?!) so I would say it's allowed. My day would be made if a ninja showed up to write the test.

I think LSAC lives by prison rules.

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment