Sunday, 23 October 2011

In Which Good News, Hockey, and Confusion is Discussed

Good news!

Turns out I did not make an ass out of myself at the Oilers game last night. Although, I did make a comment how Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is practically a baby (he can't even claim to remember the '80's because he wasn't even born in the 80's...1993 people! I bet he's like those kids who have no idea who the Backstreet Boys, or the Spice Girls, or N'Sync are...so sad) and looks like he's 12, and he may have heard me, but that's besides the point. I don't know for sure if he heard me, and if he did, he didn't let on and he played a really good game. I was also quite pleased that my somewhat rather limited knowledge of hockey came in handy! So I count that in the plus column. All I know is that A) I didn't fall and look like a complete idiot (I am going to thank my good friend, and fellow survivor for this, as I really just followed his lead), B) I looked semi-decent/cute and C) a whole shit ton of money was raised for the Cross Cancer Institute which is so super awesome! And D) that the Oilers beat the New York Rangers 2-0. All in all it was a pretty spectacular night if I do say so myself. AND they gave me a jersey which actually fits! That makes me beyond excited, especially because I am the size of your average 10 year old, and most standard jerseys don't fit. Seriously, you should see my soccer jersey. I couldn't even get one with my lucky number (18...random, I know). I was displeased at my unlucky genetic lot in life for that one.

I do have one thing about this night that confuses me. Apparently the Oilers have cheerleaders? I don't know why, but I am so confused by this. Why would a hockey team need cheerleaders? I mean, cheerleaders for football makes sense. They stand on the sidelines, cheer, and do dances and stuff at halftime. But, and correct me if I'm wrong, I just don't think that a hockey arena is a conducive environment for cheerleading. I mean, it's not like they can run out onto the ice and start dancing at half, and if they do, they have to wait for a carpet to be put down. Also, white go-go boots? Really, that's just kind of trashy. Also, purple pom poms clash with your blue and copper outfits. Again, I am just so perplexed by the whole thing.

Anyway, I would just like to say thank you to everyone who messaged me after they saw me on national television. I feel so very blessed and loved, and I can't thank everyone enough! I love you all!

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment