Friday, 21 October 2011

I've Forgotten the Point of This. Awkward....

I will be the first to admit that I get unprecedented amounts of joy out of very simple things. Finding money in my pocket, eating the last mini cupcake (seriously, my sister made mini banana cupcakes with homemade cream cheese icing. They were so delicious. I think she was the one blessed with the cooking gene...somehow it skipped me or at least that's what I like to tell myself), finding a really super awesome sale, getting my hair cut, watching Glee. The list goes on and on. But one thing that gives me more joy than it probably should is watching Deena from Jersey Shore fall down.

It is probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen, and I know that I can count on her to fall at least 3 times an episode, if not more. She falls when she's drunk, she falls when she's sober, she falls when she is standing still, or moving. Seriously. Watching it makes me smile...a lot, and it makes me feel a little better about how incredibly clumsy I am. It's nice to know that there are other people in the world who sometimes have no idea where the bruises all came from. Case in point, this morning I woke and and got ready for work. As I was getting dressed, I noticed a huge bruise on my leg. I was so confused as to how it got there, and then I remembered that last night I ran into my bed frame. I am always bruised whether it is from soccer, or working, or from basically living. It probably also doesn't help that I bruise like a peach, and I tend to walk into things. I also think that this is an inherited trait because my sister also has the same uncanny ability to injure herself. She can be by herself walking down an empty hallway and still manage to hit a door frame.

This tendency to injure myself on an almost daily basis, coupled with my many allergies only further convinces me that I should really be living in a bubble. That way I wouldn't have to wake up in the morning and be like "well shit, where did that bruise come from?!". Barring that I think maybe I should learn to be more careful...but let's be serious, that's never going to actually happen.



On a side note, apparently I might be at centre ice tomorrow night at the Oilers game (vs. the Rangers) before the national anthem. I think it has something to do with Oilers wives, cancer and scarves. Not sure exactly how there is a correlation between the three, but I am interested to find out. On a the plus side, I get to take my dad on a date to a hockey game, with pretty decent seats. On the negative side, it means that I have to try extra hard not to make a complete ass out of myself, and make the ACF look bad. Again, why they think it's a good idea to keep having me go to events and such things is beyond me (for proof of this stay tuned for an updated video of yours truly getting her gangsta on). I think maybe it has something to do with the fact that they find me amusing? Or endearing? At least that is what I am going with. It's a good thing that there will be at 3 other survivors with me to detract from my awkwardness. Also, I think it might be a good idea to brush up on my hockey knowledge. Considering I have vast amounts of knowledge about a lot of various subjects, my knowledge of hockey is pretty basic. But one of the things I do know is that the Sedin twins are creepy (and I know that they play for Vancouver). Seriously, they are so incredibly creepy! I think it's their eyes, and the fact that I think that they would be like those velociraptors from Jurassic Park, where while you are focused on the one, the other is preparing itself to lunge at you and tear you to shreds! But I digress, and I have lost the point that I was going to make. Awkward. It's best if I just end it now. And Go.

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment