Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Muesday: I Need Adult Supervision At All Times...Oh Wait...

I need adult supervision at all times. One would think that at 25 I wouldn't need to be looked after by an adult, but whoever thinks that would be oh so very wrong. If I am not being supervised bad things happen. Case in point, I was asked to do things in the kitchen last night, more specifically, asked to cut vegetables. With a knife. Now, first off, just for everyone's safety, I should be chaperoned just stepping into the kitchen, and should be kept away from sharp objects at all times. Unfortunately, my father forgot this, and handed me a parring knife and told me to start chopping. So I did. Then I started bleeding. Either I am very extremely clumsy, or my mum's new set of knives have an insatiable thirst for human blood that can only be achieved by violence and stabbing...I am going to go with the latter. Needless to say, I was quickly ushered out of the kitchen, and not asked to return. This is why I will fail in the real world. I can't even use a knife without some kind of disaster or (almost) dismemberment ensuing. Now my manicure is uneven. Oh first world problems.

This is what happens when I am left unattended, and people forget the rules
Also, I just realized I look jaundiced...that's...interesting...

Enough about my low threshold for pain and onto some music!

So for anyone living under a stupid rock, the new Coldplay album Mylo Xyloto was released yesterday. I don't know about everyone else, but holy shit-balls I love it! I can't get enough of it. The entire album has been on repeat as of 830 yesterday morning, where instead of being on time for work, I sat at my computer to download it (my reasoning was that the album would get me through the day, which it did, so I see my (almost constant) lateness for everything as acceptable...just let me have it). Surprisingly, one of my favourite songs is Princess of China featuring Rihanna. This is surprising because I absolutely can't stand Rihanna in any way, shape or form (does she not know that that shade of red is not natural looking?! The last time I saw someone, or should I say something with hair that colour it was Ariel from the little mermaid...just saying). However, I think this song is genius! It's just the right amount of different, and not too much of Rihanna and her annoying voice. Likewise, Hurts Like Heaven is also top in my list of favourites...but let's be serious, the whole album is my favourite. I just find this album so incredibly different from any of their other albums, and I like LOVE it. It's quite refreshing! If you haven't gone out and acquired this album yet, you need to. It's amazing and totally worth spending your money on.

Now that I have you all excited about Coldplay, let me throw a giant bucket of cold water on you to cool your jets. You need to experience the amazingness that is Coldplay for yourselves. I am going to continue to share wonderful Canadian music with everyone (at least until my list of favoured Canadian bands runs out). Today I give you a little band out of Regina, Saskatchewan. They are called Rah Rah. I had to opportunity to see them when the opened for Minus the Bear about a year and a half ago. I just love their chill feel. I give to you today Duet for Emmylou and the Grievous Angel, by Rah Rah. Enjoy!



Also, sorry that there isn't an actual video, but this way, you get the music in pure form and won't be distracted by pretty colours and shiny things (something that happens to me quite often I am afraid).

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment