Sunday, 27 November 2011

Accomplishment Unlocked: Published!

Alright everyone, one more time!

So remember how on Friday I was talking about something that I thought was really exciting but couldn't talk about yet?! Well, I can finally talk about it! I got an awesome email today. Here is what it says:

Dear Leah,

Constellations would like to thank you for your contribution this semester. We appreciate the opportunity to work with your article. Your paper undoubtedly required hours of research, reflection and passion. We recognize the time you gave to revisions and consideration of reviewer recommendations.

Just as celestial constellations guide travelers, Constellations seeks to help students navigate the process of publication and intellectual exchange. We encourage revision, exchange and discussion of undergraduate papers to refine editing skills and illuminate student research.

In light of the deliberation of the editing team and based on the quality of your revisions, Constellations is pleased to inform you that the journal will pursue publication of your paper, "‘The inordinate excess in apparel’: Sumptuary Legislation in Tudor England" in the Fall 2011 issue.

If you would like a copy of the final copyediting on your paper or have any other concerns, please contact the editor. We hope that you will participate in Constellations in the future and appreciate your support.

Sincerely,
Noor, Editor
Leah, Classics Editor
Lily, Assistant History Editor
Philip, Assistant Classics Editor


I'm getting published! In a legit academic (undergraduate at least) journal. This is so exciting! Now I can cross one more thing off my bucket list!!!! I wanted to be published by the time I was 30, and guess what, I am. This makes me not want to sit at my kitchen table all day writing papers, but instead go shopping and buy myself something pretty for a job well done! Go me! Also, just in case anyone was wondering, this is what my paper is about:

Abstract: The purpose of this paper is to explore the nature of sumptuary legislation in sixteenth century England. It argues that the aims of sumptuary legislation were threefold: that legislators sought to maintain the stability of the common weal through social regulation, through moral regulation by moralizing luxury goods, and to regulate England’s economy, by prohibiting foreign trade in luxury goods, in order to stimulate the home economy and the burgeoning wool and stocking trade.

Watch out, this only adds to my inflated sense of self!

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment