Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Muesday: Every Action Has an Opposite and Equal...Oh Screw It! I Never Liked Physics Anyway

I went into history for a reason. It was because I am terrible at math. And science. No joke. I have a hate-hate relationship with math, as in, I wish math many painful deaths by excessive stabbing. The same can actually be said for most of the sciences. I totally understand that without science and math, the world we live in wouldn't exist. But that doesn't mean that I can't hate it. Chemistry and I don't get along, mostly because I see it as being kind of like cooking, in that you have to make sure that you get everything just so, in order to avoid a nuclear explosion. I am not that great at following those directions, and as with cooking, I get bored really easily. Biology was never my friend because I really don't like things that are slimy, and squishy (I actually don't even really like the word squishy), and I find bodily fluids and functions and the discussion of them to be in poor taste. I also hate it because I really don't like dissecting things (I remember being forced to dissect a shark in one of my honours science classes. My group and I named him Cleadus...poor, poor Cleadus). If I had to chose the lesser of the evils, it would be physics. Go figure, considering how I despise math with every fibre of my being. I think I dislike it the least because a) I can kind of see how it works and applies to every day life (when the hell am I ever going to know the molecular mass of cadmium?! Never, that's when), and b) because it was the only thing that got me through astronomy. Yes, I took astronomy. I needed a science credit for a prereq, and I most certainly was not taking math, and the university decided not to let me use my History of Science and Technology credit after the fact (which was a piss off because I got an A in that class)! I thought it was going to be about planets and pretty stars and shit. You can only imagine my shock when I figured out that it was really physics in space. That was a bad life choice on my part. What has space ever done for me?! Or physics? Or math, or any other science?! (Yes, I know a lot, but I am going to be petulant and say nothing).

This hatred of sciencey and mathy type things made my decision to go into history very easy. Also, because for some strange reason I am good at history. I can remember dates and dead people and events and social theory like nobodies business. Weird, I know.

Today I give you another band out of British Colombia. Seriously, I don't know what it is about B.C., but they produce some seriously talented artists and bands, along with some pretty kick ass fruit. I have been listening to Acres of Lions since their first album debuted in 2009, and I love them more and more with every new song and album. So, enjoy some more great Canadian music with Reaction by Acres of Lions.



xoxo
Leah

P.S. I think I'm pretty clever! Did anyone notice what I did with the title and the song?! No, just me?

P.P.S. I love that the music video has a shot of Sonic 102.9 headquarters!

1 comment:

  1. WOW Leah dahling... a fresh, clean and very smart piece of work! You are amazing.. how do you get all those thoughts strung together in such concise and expressive ways... without getting lost in your head! Your head must hurt... besides facts, there's all the songs, sayings, idioms, phraseology, history, emotions... and not to forget leakages of potty mouth.. but not in this one! Truly amazing!!!! LOL YOu rock.

    ReplyDelete