Saturday, 3 December 2011

Obviously, It's Because I'm a Masochist

It's sad because it's so true...


So, I wrote the LSAT (again) today. And you know what, I wasn't the only person I know who was writing it for the second time. It was nice to know, and slightly more comforting. What's not so nice to know, is the fact that after said mental gauntlet was run this morning, I now get to come home and work on my very last paper for the semester. Oh joy. I would so much rather be doing something else this evening, which I am sure is evident based on the simple fact that I am sitting here typing this while staring at that my bookshelf full of books, and at my desk which is a veritable disaster of papers and articles. It's so bad that I got a papercut...on my elbow. Don't ask me how that happened. It just did. But to my point, I don't want to write it. I want it to write itself. I somehow don't think that's going to happen. Oh well. Anyway, after the LSAT I decided to just have some me time, so I went to the mall, amidst the Christmas shopping hoards, and had the following conversation:

Let me set the scene. It's Christmas time, at the mall, and there are scads of the unwashed masses everywhere, being idiots. Parking is an absolute disaster, and there are assholes who feel the need to take up 2.5 stalls for their giant "I am compensating for body parts that seem to be lacking" trucks. I go into Fossil, and am looking around at the pretty bags (I want the matching one to my wallet), and the next thing I know, this guy, who looks like he's a baby taps me on the shoulder..


Guy: Hey, don't I know you?

Me: Nope. Sorry.

Guy: No, I'm pretty sure I know you. Weren't you like, in my Physics 30 class?

Me: Again, pretty sure you have the wrong person.

Guy: You look so familiar though! I could swear it was you! I'd remember a face like yours.

At this point, it was really hard for not to burst out laughing. It was hilarious. And it doesn't stop there. Oh no...

Me: I honestly think you have the wrong person.

Guy: Maybe I met you at party then. Did you go to O'Leary?

Me: No.

Guy: Well then what school do you go to? You must be a grade younger than me then.

He said this with a such a smug look on his face, like I was some poor underclassman who should be honoured that he would deign to speak with me.

Me: I've graduated already

Guy: From where?

Me: From University. I have a degree and I am working towards my second one, so I can say with utmost certainty that you most definitely don't remember me from school, or some high school party

Guy: Oh, sorry (he looked really embarrassed and it was awesome). Why would you want a second degree? School is like, so lame!?

Me: Obviously it's because I'm a masochist...

At this point he looked really confused. The poor dear probably had no idea what masochist means. So he awkwardly took his leave, and I proceeded to laugh. A lot.

Just because I look like I could be 17, I'm not, as flattering as that is. Next time you try to hit on someone, you might want to try to double check that. But at the end of the day, I want to thank this young man (who again, looked like a baby) for making my day with what I can only describe as a valiant attempt to try and pick me up (not literally though, I would have kicked him in the scrotum if he tried to do that). It was hilarious.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks! Also, don't forget to follow me on the twitter @LopsidedLeah...basically, it's like talking to me in person, only I don't actually have to see you! I think that's pretty much a win-win for everyone.

xoxo
Leah




2 comments:

  1. This is my all-time favorite post of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Thanks Miranda! I am glad that my continual awkward encounters can bring people joy!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete