Sunday, 11 December 2011

Oh, I'm Sorry, I Didn't Realize We Were Working Out With Snookie...

I feel like this is why THOSE girls come to the gym...

You know what really bothers me? Those girls who go to the gym, dressed like they're going out to the bar...

Sunday nights I have soccer practice, at an indoor field, that has a track above the fields where people can run, walk and generally try to keep in shape. Now normally, when one goes to the gym, it's to legitimately work out. You get sweaty and gross, but you know that going in. You know that actually putting some effort in will make you sweat. But then you get THOSE girls. The ones who show up, with their itty bitty spandex shorts, that basically look like underwear, and their hair in that stupid Snookie poof, with layers upon layers of makeup on, and ginormous hoop earrings, who run around the track, at what actually looks like walking speed. Heaven forbid they actually work up a sweat. Really, who do you think you are? Here I am, on the soccer field, running my ass off, doing something good for myself, and the last time I checked, I wasn't doing it to get hit on. Seriously, half the time I look like a real dream come true, and by dream come true, I mean hot mess. I don't go with the hopes that some juice monkey will maybe try to impress me with his hulking, steroid muscles, and that he will try to dazzle me with what I can only imagine would qualify as witty repartee. No. I go because I like soccer and I could honestly give two shits about what I look like. But those girls drive me crazy. Why bother? Why bother coming and working out if you are going to put zero effort into your workout? They put more effort into the way they look before the work out than they do the actual workout which if you think about it, would actually make them look good. It's a vicious cycle that I just don't understand. One of my favourite things to do with my friends on my team is to make fun of those girls, because guess what, they look like slutty assholes. I mean they might as well be working out in high heels instead of running shoes. I'm sorry, I was completely unaware that the cast of the Jersey Shore was working out with us today...

I continue to lose faith in humanity

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment