Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Muesday: The Centennial is Here B*tches!

I'm calling this a centennial post even though it hasn't been a hundred years and it's not a 100th anniversary. But this is most definitely my 100th post! This is a big deal, and is actually quite surprising. I know people didn't really think that I would stick with this whole blogging thing, and to be perfectly honest, I didn't really think that I would stick with it either. I started it at a time when I just really needed to get everything out of my head. I do that sometimes. Live in my head, analyzing and thinking and reliving everything. At the time, there were just too many things floating in my brain, and I needed an outlet. So I started this. And here we are, at my 100th post. I think it's kind of a big deal mostly because I have never really been the journal type. Like I said, I was always content to just let it sit in my brain. Why write shit down when my brain is so much more reliable and I don't have to worry about people finding it and reading it. My brain hardly ever fails me, and I never really forget anything, because of what I would like to think is my superior memory. But then last July happened, and I just felt like things were falling apart, and I didn't want to be in my head anymore. I wanted everything out and I wanted to just not think or remember or analyze. In a sense, I wanted peace and quiet away from myself. So I basically put myself up on the internet. I put my thoughts, my likes, and basically who I am, up for the whole world to see. I really try to be as honest as I can, sharing my flaws, and quirks, and in the process, I found that what started out as a way for me to get away from myself, has actually become a part of who I am. If that makes any sense. While the times between posting may vary, I couldn't imagine not having this little outlet. I actually think I would go crazier than I already am, if I didn't have it, and I have one person to thank for that. You know exactly who you are, and I would just like to say, thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without you there would be no Lopsided: Life, Love and Everything In Between, and there would be no me as I am now. Thank you for showing me that, in your own silly, strange way. I guess in the end I learned a very valuable lesson, so thank you for that too.

Today I am sharing with you all one of my theme songs. Yes, I have a playlist of theme songs. Songs that I would want to be on the movie soundtrack to my life. The soundtrack to my life consists of songs that I love, that I feel describe me or were playing when I was the happiest/saddest/insertemotionhere. They are songs that mean something to me. Most of them happen to be of the poppy variety, but hey, I did grow up in the '90's. It's no secret that I have a love for artists like Hanson, and the Spice Girls, and other great pop icons of the '90's, and one of my favourites is Mandy Moore. She is one of those artists who got better with age. Sure her music was great when it was sugary sweet and she was singing Crush, but as time went on, her music became a bit more singer/songwriter-y, and just better. I will always love Mandy Moore. I think it has something to do with her lyrics, and just the simple way that she sings them. Not to mention the fact that I think she is absolutely adorable, and looks like the type of person that you could be best friends with. So, in honour of my centennial post and from the things that I have learned, and my future, I am going to share with you the title track from the soundtrack of my life. Enjoy Extraordinary by Mandy Moore.




Also, remember that time I was all like "hey, I'm being published!"? Well guess what?! My article is out! It's very exciting for me! Hopefully people don't judge it too harshly! I worked really hard on it, and now my work is out there for the whole wide world to read. Kind of scary if I stop and think about it. Oh well! If anyone is interested it's called "'The inordinate excess in apparel': Sumptuary Legislation in Tudor England".

Happy Muesday!

xoxo
Leah

2 comments:

  1. If you have the time, check out Chasing Liberty. I just ignore that Mandy Moore is in the movie and drool over Matthew Goode. That man is poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Chasing Liberty...mostly because I love both Mandy Moore and Matthew Goode. Bad movies are a terrible weakness of mine. I just can't help myself! But yes, Matthew Goode is so very good looking! Not to mention the whole being English thing. Seriously, could he get any sexier? Don't think so!

      Delete