Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Muesday: I'm a Greedy Little Knowledge Whore

I need to address an issue in my life. My issue is the fact that I have to know everything all the time. I can never be content with just knowing one thing. I am like a greedy little knowledge whore, and it doesn't even matter what kind of knowledge it is, as long as I have gleaned some little nugget to add to my brain. That's one reason why I love school so much! I have basically taken almost every history class offered by both the University of Alberta and MacEwan University, but you know what, it's still not enough. My interests are wide and varied, and span disciplines and time periods. I am fascinated by forensic science and the law; at one point I flirted with archaeology and classical studies, and I am engaged in a secret, torrid love affair with the 18th century. I might sneer at anthropology and sociology and psychology, but deep down, I love them them all. I have an addiction (well I have several, but this is probably my most expensive addiction of them all, aside from my Tiffany addiction), and I don't think I will ever kick this one. But I think I'm okay with that. Learning for me is like the most delicious ice cream sundae covered with whipped cream and extra unicorns covered in chocolate and diamonds! I think that my new motto is going to be "Know all the things!".

On another note, I realized that I can still legit use the term "when I grow up..." Oh the perks of being miniature sized! This excites me a great deal.

So, I learned something from The Twitter this week. I learned that Minus the Bear is coming out with a new album! I am sure that people are like "hey, this is old news", and to them I say, eat it! It's news to me, and it's exciting. I was introduced to Minus the Bear by this guy that I was dating. While our relationship was far from perfect (and also taught me that dating younger guys might not be the best idea), he did have superb taste in music and Minus the Bear was one of the good things that came out of our relationship. Minus the Bear has now become one of my FAVOURITE bands! I can't get enough! So, you can only imagine my excitement when I heard about their fifth album coming out hopefully in the not so distant future. They have this amazing electronic-alternative-rock type feel to them. If I had to categorize Minus the Bear in a word it would be fantabulous! So in honour of Minus the Bear coming out with their 5th album, I give to you My Time off their last album OMNI (which also just so happens to be my favourite album of 2010). If you don't go out and promptly buy all their albums, then there is something seriously wrong with you.



Also, because I love you all so very much, I am going to give you an extra special treat this week and give you not one, but TWO awesome songs! A little bird told me that The Used have a new album coming out 27 March called Vulberable. This makes my inner 16 year old extremely happy! So, in honour of another fantastic band releasing an album, I am going to give you my favourite song by The Used called Noises and Kisses. Also, Jeff, I liked it first. So there.



Happy Muesday!

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment