Friday, 10 February 2012

I'm To Old For This Sh*t

It's like my body hates me. Every single muscle in my body screams with pain and woe every time I move. I blame soccer...and pilates. My body has taken more beatings from soccer than I care to count. I have broken all my toes on both my feet at least once, my ankle 3 times, gotten black eyes that have made people question where I got those bruises came from, and my knees especially hate me. I think I need to remember that I am no longer 18 and that I am not invincible...also it takes a long time to recover. But I will say this, that despite everything, I love it and I can't imagine not playing. Also, it's a really good way for me to get out my aggression. Sometimes you just have to hit something or someone. Anyway, typing this actually hurts, so I'm going to go and try not moving. I will leave you with this lovely commercial advocating love and football. I think my favourite part is how angry they all sound. And the fact that they are hooligans singing Savage Garden. Gotta love Savage Garden



xoxo
Leah

4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to play soccer. I approached my father with a request to join a soccer team as a child. He laughed at me and told me it was a sport for men. It has stuck with me. I have tried to learn, but when I get near the ball, I hear my father's voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad! It's such a wonderful sport...if you don't mind breaking things, bruises, and bleeding. And has your father ever watched a woman's soccer game?! They are about 10 times more violent than mens league soccer, and 10 times more entertaining! You should try it again!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Leah, you're doing it wrong if you've broken all of your toes and your ankle 3 times.

    From Jeff and Chad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jeff and Chad,

      You're both asses. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

      xoxo

      Delete