Saturday, 25 February 2012

Insert Typical Complaints About Weather Here

This is what I woke up to this morning:




It's gross. I hate it. Also, I am fully aware that in previous posts I have complained about snow and the weather, but since the complaints inevitably start showing up on Facebook, I thought that I needed to blog about it instead. I can't be like everyone else now can I?! I figured since it is the end of February and since it has been so nice, that we were in the clear. I was wrong to think that we skipped winter this year. Edmonton is supposed to get up to 20 cm of snow before 9pm this evening. Gross. That's what happens when you get complacent. Vigilance is what's needed. Constant vigilance...and to stay inside. You couldn't pay me to leave my house today...unless you were paying me $500 million dollars with which I could use to go some place tropical and to buy pretty things and more degrees, then I might consider leaving. It's a curl up by the fire with a hot cup of tea and a book kind of day.

Also, I got my first rejection letter this week, so that was fun. Oh well, it's not like it was the only place I had applied to and maybe that means that I will have good karma and get into the school that I really really extra want to get in to. It's just a little disheartening is all. Rejection of any kind always sucks and it always makes me feel like I am going to amount to nothing, and that I am a complete and utter failure at life. Then I remember, onwards and upwards or whatever. Something along those lines anyway.

Stay warm and safe friends!

xoxo
Leah

4 comments:

  1. I recently moved to Boston. I expected to own seven snow shovels. I expected to be snowed in all winter, left to survive on frozen ravioli and hot chocolate packets. I expected ice. Hail. Blizzards.

    I got a total of seven inches of snow all winter. So I have to say...I'm a *little* jealous of that glorious snowfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like I can send you some ;) That way you can fulfill your east coast dream of a true winter wonderland.

      Delete
  2. I have to drive hours to see the snow. I am really getting sick of California. No rain. No snow. Earthquakes. Too much sun. Leather face by the time you're 35. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I for one would love to live in California! I'll take sun and earthquakes over 8 months of winter any day! It would be so nice not to have to bundle up in a million layers to leave the house, or have to worry about slippery roads and people driving like assholes!

      Want to trade? Haha

      Delete