Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Muesday: If I Had My Way...

You know I love a nice academic paper as much as the next person. Actually, I probably like academic papers more than the next person, considering I write a substantial amount of papers, and because I am a masochist. But sometimes I wish I could just say what I want to say in 200 words or less and be done. For example:

The British used caste in colonial India in order to make themselves feel better because they had no clue what the fuck was going on. And then the Indians were all like "hey, we see what you're doing, so we are going to go with it and then turn it against you and use it to form a post colonial identity and for the formation of our nationalist shadow state". Independence. Gandhi. Partition. Pakistan. Bollywood. The end.

I think it would make for a solid paper. If I had my way, things would be just like that. Can you tell that I am procrastinating and not writing my paper that is due tomorrow. I have about a 1000 words to go and I am dragging my feet. It's yucky.

So today's Muesday is just going to be given to you with no further explanation than because I like it, and because it's the only thing getting me through this critical analysis paper. Enjoy Comeback Kid by Sleigh Bells from their new album Reign of Terror. Listen to it really loudly.


xoxo
Leah

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on tge paper! Love the song

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the luck! It's done...it's terrible, but it's done! Also, I'm so glad you liked the song! It's one of my current favourites!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your post is helping me procrastinate, so...thanks a million. No paper to write. Things far less interesting but equally necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Operation Help People Other Than Myself Procrastinate was a success!

      Hope you got your shit done!

      xoxo

      Delete