Friday, 3 February 2012

One of My Many Obsessions


I was never that girl who dreamed about her wedding dress. Quite frankly, I don't understand why girls are so obsessed with finding THE dress. There are shows on television dedicated to helping women spend THOUSANDS of dollars on a dress that they will wear once in their lives for a few hours, and more often than not, the dresses they choose are absolutely ridiculous and atrocious, and are not pretty in any way, shape, or form. Do they not know that it is a white dress? That on top of how much it costs to purchase, will also cost upwards of $300 to dry clean, not to mention at least a $100 more to store? But then I realize, that there is one dress that I dream of. No, it's not white, and doesn't involve pickups (which PS are HIDEOUS and should be outlawed). I dream of a little, black dress.

My obsession with a simple, little black dress started back in 2006. Actually, my obsession with clothes and lovely things in general started back in 1985, and since then, it's only gotten stronger. And this dress really isn't a dress. It's a gown. A gorgeous gown. It is THE most beautiful black dress I have ever seen in my entire life. If I could only own one dress ever, this dress would be it. Screw a wedding dress. Screw every other dress ever made. Nothing compares to the beauty of this dress. What is this dress you ask? It's a gorgeous little silk charmeuse John Galliano number with gathered lace cap sleeves and a bias draped waist worn by Anne Hathaway in the Devil Wears Prada (which is also probably one of my go to favourite movies). For me, this dress is even better than the iconic Givenchy number worn by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's, and I love that dress and that movie with all my heart. The Galliano dress haunts my dreams. It's utter perfection in silk form. If I was a rich girl (like that Gwen Stefani song) that dress would be the first thing I bought. I don't care how much it would cost me. I have to have it.

Maybe one day. But until that day, I will continue to dream about the perfect little black dress...and basically every other lovely thing ever made.

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment