Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Muesday: If I Had a Million Dollars...

I would totally love to win the lottery. Life would be so much easier, and I wouldn't have to worry about being funemployed. If I had $500 million dollars, I would work for fun, not because I had to. I would also probably spend the rest of my life in school just accumulating a shit ton of degrees. I was watching the news while eating dinner, and some woman in Rhode Island won $336.4 million dollars. She is 81. I say good for her. I also say that I somehow need to make friends with her so she leaves me money in her will. I am perfectly aware of how terrible I sound right now. Needless to say, funemployment is making me cranky. I enjoy pretty things far too much to be funemployed. I could do so much good with all that money. I could make owning a dolphin as a pet legal. I could fund someone to find a cure for cancer. I could feed starving children. I would buy Anthropologie and look cute ALL THE TIME. I could even make my dream of a unicorn covered in chocolate and diamonds real! Sorry, I'm whiny. #whitegirlproblems

On to Muesday...

I have a thing for covers. I love them. I just can't help myself. It's like my obsession with bad television. If I hear a cover of a song that I like, I'm all over it...unless it's a cover of a band that someone has no right covering, like Coldplay, or Paramore (which also happen to be be two of my favourite bands). There are just some artists that people should never try to copy. Take the American Idol contestants. There are artists that they should never sing. Like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys, Adele, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. Those ladies have some serious talent, I mean, they are platinum selling artists for a reason, and you clearly are not. If someone wants to try to sing one of their songs, you should know right off the bat that you are probably going to fail on a scale of epic proportions. You should have the foresight to realize that it's a bad life choice. But I do enjoy it when the American Idol contestants sing a song like Rolling in the Deep, do a sub-par job and are then surprised that they were voted off. It shouldn't come as a surprise you moron. Anyway, back to my original point. I like a good cover, and usually, some of my favourite, not top 40 artists, take a crappy top 40 song and turn it into something magical. So, this week, I am sharing some covers with you all. The first is buy they great folk/singer/songwriter artist Lissie. It's from her small EP Covered Up With Flowers. Her cover of Kid Cudi's Pursuit of Happiness just makes me so happy. Also the fact that she announces that she is shooting tequila before singing givers her serious points in my books. Also, she takes it like a champ, straight from the bottle. So, enjoy Pursuit of Happiness by Lissie



The second cover that I am sharing with all you fantastic people today is a cover of T.I.'s Whatever You Like by Anya Marina. You can also hear Anya Marina on the newest Twilight soundtrack with her song Satellite Heart. I've said it once, and I'll say it again. The Twilight movies are painful, but they do put out some awesome soundtracks.



Happy Muesday!

xoxo
Leah

2 comments:

  1. I feel like maybe I should just go live in a cave because it's as if I live in one right now anyway. I don't know what Anthropologie is, I have never watched American Idol, and I am just so lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't go live in a cave! That would be awful, especially the no heat and no running water thing would really be terrible! As for American Idol, it's one of my trashy tv guilty pleasures! My favourite parts are the auditions! There is just something about hapless people getting their dreams crushed that makes me joyful.

    And Anthropologie is like magic and all the wonderful things in the world combined!
    http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/index.jsp

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete