Thursday, 19 April 2012

Don't Shush Me! I Will Cut You!

So, Blogger has a new layout. I hate it. And yes, I know that hate is very strong word, but I feel very strongly about this. Holy it's terrible. I bet the designers were all like "Yes! We are going to make this super awesome concise and compact and streamlined layout, and in the process make it super frustrating for people who, oh I don't know, actually blog, and who were perfectly fine with the way things were before. Who cares that it will enrage a tiny Canadian blogger named Leah and possibly scores of other bloggers around the world. We've got something great here!" I bet the people who designed the new layout are the very same sons of bitches that designed the god forsaken Facebook timeline. So not impressed right now.

Also, wonderful things continue to happen, and this one I can tell everyone about. I've been accepted to law school...in London. Like London, England, not London, Ontario. It's exciting? Maybe? I'm actually not quite sure how I feel about this. It's the first offer that I've gotten, and I am still waiting on a bunch of other schools to give me their decisions. I kind of don't want to get too excited until that happens. I don't want to get my hopes up and make grand plans that might not actually come to fruitoin.

On another note, I went and exercised my democratic right today. I voted early. Mostly because I'm badass and because I am leaving the country on the actual voting day. I also almost got into a verbal fight with an old lady today. I kid you not. I'm standing in line, waiting to get my ballot, and there are about 6 people in front of me. My phone rings so I answered it and I'm chatting to my coach about signing papers to play outdoor this season, when some old broad walks past me and shushes me. She legit shushed me! I'm sorry, I didn't realize that voting was a silent endeavor. I said as much, loudly to the woman who handed me my ballot, and then the old woman had the nerve to say "there are signs that call for quiet" and shush me again. No one, who is without authority, shushes me. You're a freaking volunteer. You aren't getting paid for this gig. Settle down. You can also take your sign and shove it. If this were the early 20th century, voting would have been a noisy, rambunctious process, and there certainly wouldn't have been any freaking signs for silence. A riot probably would have broken out and the only signs would have been converted into shivs. I bet she and the giant stick up her ass are voting Wildrose. Danielle Smith is the Rick Santorum of Alberta politics.

Just so everyone knows, I'm writing this instead of studying for my final tomorrow. I think this is a very good life choice, although I might rethink that as I sit down to write a couple of essays in 3 hours. Anyway, thanks for letting me procrastinate.

xoxo
Leah

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your being accepted to law school in England! Not sure how you feel about adventures - but I'm sure this would be one.
    I would have just laughed at the broad and kept talking. I hate it when people need to feel like they are in charge and boss other people about stupid stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for the congrats! I am excited but I am not letting myself get too excited if that makes any sense!

      And that woman. If I didn't have a moment of weakness I would have actually yelled at her. Yelling at people is one of my favourite things to do!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I can't fint ANYTHING with the new layout! It is infuriating! I din't mind it being cold and compact - if they think that's cool, I can live with it.
    But. I. Can't. Fucking. Find. Anything.

    Also: Congratulations on being accepted for law school! I'm going on exchange to London in the spring semester 2013. If you are there, I'll totally buy you a cup of coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told myself after I published this post that I would like it in a couple of days. I was wrong. I still hate it, with every fiber of my being! It's so terrible! Like you, I can't find a damn thing and it drives me crazy!

      And thank you! I do have a weakness for legal addictive stimulants, so I would totally be down for a cuppa!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. In your defense, the whole process of standing in line to vote is a joke. With modern technology we should just vote through our facebook page or a text message. Am I correct? Standing in line to vote is so 19th century...

    Exciting exciting! Hope you enjoy your postgraduate across the pond. It's a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be amazing if we could just vote via computer or text message! So much easier and then I wouldn't have to fight the hoards of unwashed masses waiting in line. That's a brilliant idea! When I rule the world and set up puppet regimes so people still feel like they have their democratic right, you can be in charge of voting!

      Delete
  4. Good for you. I love voting, but hate standing in that awkward line. Everyone is so damn quiet. I wish more people talked on their phone. I am probably the only person in the world who wants more of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well here's the thing. I went home after this incident and told my family, who still needed to go and vote, and then when they did, they came home and told me that everyone was talking and laughing and no one was shushing them. How is that even fair!? stupid woman! she probably shushed me because I look like I'm about 17!

      I want more talking...and lasers. More lasers would be good too!

      Delete