Sunday, 1 April 2012

I Talk A Lot of Shit About Insubstantial Things

Oh, I have been so neglectful of my little blog this week! I'm terrible I know, but I just have had no time. Life is quite busy, and that is either a very good thing or a very bad thing. Well, I suppose part of it has been very good, and part of is has been kind of stressful, for various reasons.

I realized something the other day. I called my blog "Lopsided: Life, Love, and Everything in Between", and while I talk a lot of shit about the things I love and don't love, I have never actually talked about love. It's strange. I have been in love, and I have been loved. But I don't ever talk about my previous relationships, and if I do, it's only in passing. I think it mostly stems from my belief that whatever happened is between me and that person. It's really no one's business. I don't talk about it out of respect for those people. I know for an absolute fact that I would hate to have certain parts of my personal life up on the internet for the whole world to see. It's different if I choose to share it. It's because of that that I just can't write about things like that kind of love. Plus, there are just some things that I can't talk about, so it's better if I don't even go there. It's also for that reason that I talk a lot of shit about pretty insubstantial things. It's actually a startling realization. That my blog is basically fluff. I don't have brilliant thoughts, although I may think that I am brilliant. Sometimes I can be witty, but more often than not I am whiny, and sometimes pretty judgmental. But then I realize, that's just me. I am who I am, quirks and all, and if people don't like it, well then, they don't have to read it. If you came here looking for brilliant insights into the meaning of life, or some inspirational bullshit from a cancer survivor, then I am going to go out on a limb and say that you've come to the wrong place. And if you've come here to read what are probably the deranged ramblings of a mid-twenty something history graduate who is still in the throes of an existential crisis, who likes pretty things and clever words, I say read on friends. Maybe you'll find something here that you can relate to. Maybe I have said some things that you think as well. Hopefully there is at least one thing here that will keep you coming back for more...

As long as you don't expect me to talk about love...you'll probably be disappointed.

xoxo
Leah

2 comments:

  1. I love to talk about my relationships because some of my ex-boyfriends read my blog. It's fun to know they have peed their pants a little bit. Funny thing is, they peed for nothin'. I don't write about people I have recently dated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I know that some of my ex's do in fact read my blog, and i just can't bring myself to do talk about them. But I will continue to talk shit about everyone else, like politicians, celebrities, historical figures, you name it!

    Also, thanks for reading and commenting. You truly are my favourite. As a reward you can have an ice cream sundae topped with extra unicorns!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete