Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Muesday: Dear Homi Bhabha, You're a Pedantic Arse. That Is All

Shit, I'm supposed to come up with something awesome and witty and possibly brilliant, but I just can't. I've been reading this scholar, Homi Bhabha, and my mind is not working. Some academics turn to him because they see him as some kind of guru. I just see him as a long winded, pedantic arse who likes to hear the sound of his own voice/read his own shit. I am also having a problem with motivation. As in, I have none. I just can't seem to bring myself to care right now, which makes finishing the semester harder than you would think. Anyway, due to time constraints, lack of motivation, and general apathy, which is probably also the same thing as lack of motivation, I don't have anything brilliant, witty or awesome to share with you. But I do have an awesome little song called Little Pieces by Gomez. It's currently helping me get through the end of the semester, and also probably keeping me mostly sane. So enjoy.



Sorry I'm a bit of failure this week.

xoxo
Leah

5 comments:

  1. Homi Bhabha sounds just like Terry Eagleton (the bastard). What do you study?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homi Bhabha is the most frustrating person to read ever! I haven't read anything by Terry Eagleton, but from a cursory google search, he also sounds like someone I would hate. I study English history, and my focus is 16th century English law and social policy but I somehow thought that it would be a good idea to take classes on India, which I knew virtually nothing about. It really makes me appreciate the early modern modern period!

      Did you enjoy the song?

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. For some reason, I thought you were talking about Selena Gomez, which I listen to often because my nieces absolutely adore everything about her. This song is significantly better than anything I've heard from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I feel so sorry for your ear drums. I hope they don't start bleeding from being subjected to Selena Gomez, who, for the record, doesn't actually sing. If you ever need anything in terms of music to get away from that trash, please let me know! I will so much music your way you won't know what to do with it all!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Amazing post and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete