Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Muesday: Parents, Heed My Advice

Oh, I know I have been so negligent of my lovely little blog as of late, but let me tell you, being on vacation is bad for blogging. It's bad because you get all relaxed, and there is a lack of clocks and all you want to do is try and get a tan despite the ugly red allergic reaction slowly spreading over your entire body. Hawaii was wonderful, and I miss the warmth already. 13 degrees is a far cry from the 26 that Maui had. But while I am sad to leave paradise, I am also glad to be home. I was getting sick of eating restaurant food all the time. Plus, I was exhausted after the 2 days we spent in Honolulu. Never again will I go to Honolulu. It was a hellish nightmare. If Dante had imagined another circle of hell, Honolulu would be it. Perhaps it's just because I don't really like crowds of people, or people in general for that matter, but that combined with the heat, and the fact that it is basically a huge party town (I am not a huge partier), but I couldn't stand Honolulu. If you want a relaxing Hawaiian vacation, don't go there. Go to Kauai or the Big Island, or Maui. Go somewhere where there are more beaches than there are skyscrapers. I can guarantee you that you will have a better time.

I also want to take a moment to address something. Why the hell do people feel the need to bring their infants with them on vacation?! It's not like the kid is going to remember it. But I an tell you who will remember it: everyone on an airplane who has to listen to your freaking toddler cry and scream and talk and sing and who kicks the seat in front of them and runs up and down the aisles, disrupting everyone around them. What's worse are the parent's who think that this is "so fun" and "precious" that their darling child is taking their first trip. Don't be an asshole and discipline your child. Tell them to stop being mini douche canoes and to sit still and not talk and touch things with their sticky fingers. Parents, leave your children at home if they are under 5 for goodness sake. On the flight home, I had not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 small children surrounding me. Two of them were just fine, and well behaved and quiet. I liked those kids. But not the ones behind me who felt the need to pull and push on my seat, and cry and scream and squirm around, making it next to impossible to get any sleep. Did I mention that this was an overnight flight? Needless to say, I was less than impressed. If you have to take your child on an airplane, give them something to make them quiet. I am not above drugging small children to sleep. Half a gravol and they're good to go. They become quiet and well rested, which hopefully translates to well behaved, and not a little monster. Does this make me a terrible person? Probably, but I know I am not the only person in the world who feels this way. Parents, take note. You're welcome.

For today's Muesday, I thought I would share with you a song from a band out of Pennsylvania called Good Old War. I just can't get enough of their newest album. I basically listened to it on a continuous loop the entire time I was away. They just have such a mellow sound, with that singer/songwriter element that I love so much. So here is Over and Over off of their newest album  Come Back As Rain. 




Happy Muesday!

xoxo
Leah

2 comments:

  1. You're back home!
    It's impossible to leave the children behind. I suppose one could always leave a bowl of milk out for them, and hope it lasts through one's trip to France, but the authorities don't like that. And it's not like it's easy to find a person to care for a poop machine. Actually, my sister has found the perfect moron to unload her children on. Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed back. People keep talking about the lovely weather in Edmonton, and I can't help but laugh at that.

      See that's the problem with children. They take so long to become self sufficient. Authorities definitely don't like it when you leave children alone, but I say it gives them survival skills. They are the ones that will survive when the rapture/zombie apocalypse hits.

      Delete