Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Muesday: PC-1, Leah-Hammer

I got an ominous phone call from one of my many doctors today. I hate those. Apparently she wants to discuss my blood work. "Don't worry," she says, "everything is okay". Ya, that's what you said that one time and I ended up having cancer. I don't understand why  phone calls like that have to exist. All they do is make people stress and worry needlessly which leads to grey hairs and wrinkles, and I don't know about everyone else, but I quite like looking youthful thank you very much. It's also such a pain in my ass. Now I have to leave work early and trek it all the way to Beaumont to sit in a waiting room with a bunch of other sick people. Gross.

Also annoying, PC's. And no, I'm not talking about progressive conservatives(but they are just as annoying). I'm talking about those antiquated and frustrating machines that often run Window's programs. In my humble opinion, PC stands for 'Piece of Crap' and not personal computer. More like my own personal demon put on this earth to frustrate, anger and annoy me. I kid you not. I was this close to taking a hammer to my desktop last night. Normally I do everything off my lovely little Mac, which runs like a dream come true and never gives me a problem. But I swear to God. It's like the PC desktop I own has a personal vendetta against me. Not only is it the loudest running beast I've ever heard, but it's also the slowest thing I've ever had to deal with. I hardly use it because it's not worth the spike in my blood pressure, but there are those odd times where we square off in battle and it usually wins.

If you can't already tell that I'm a tad on the cranky side today. If you haven't picked up on that, then you're obviously not as astute as thought you were. My mistake. It's just been a shitty, grey raining day. All I wanted to do today was stay at home with a hot mug of tea and a good book. I didn't want to have to go out in the cold and the rain, or fight with my computer or have my doctor call. But, something that did make my day better was this brand spankin' new song by Sara Bareilles called Sweet As Whole off her new EP out today. Now, from interviews that I have seen her do, she has a mouth like a sailor, and as someone who also tends to swear quite a bit, I love it. But her music doesn't usually contain many swears and is always lovely. But this song is quite the departure. She says it so eloquently, and this just makes me love her more. So enjoy Sweet As Whole (you'll totally get this title when you hear this song) off her new EP Once Upon Another Time.




Happy Muesday!

xoxo
Leah

2 comments:

  1. Personal computers are a pain in the ass. This is why it's important to have a tech geek in your life. My brother is always getting phone calls and e-mails from me. God bless him. He hasn't once told me to screw off.
    I was not expecting a song like this at all. I like it. Who am I kidding. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my dad for the exact same purpose! Except when it comes to technology, it usually means that we end up yelling at each other.

    I'm glad you like the song! It was exactly what I needed that day! Plus, it starts off so sweet and nice and then turns into something completely different!!

    I hope you have a good weekend!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete