Sunday, 13 May 2012

Word to Your Mother: A Thank You to My Mum on Mother's Day



My mother is a very important person in my life. Her hugs always have the ability to make everything better, and she is hilarious, and sometimes says mildly inappropriate things which I love. She is the best cook, and makes a mean turkey lasagne, and is (mostly) patient with me and the fact that I can't cook. She's the perfect person to go shopping with, and she is always honest, even though I might not like what she has to say. Yes, we have our moments, but I think that's just because we are so alike. It's like adding gunpowder to fire. But the important thing is that we always kiss and make up. She is amazing at what she does, and I know that she would do an amazing job at running my life if I would let her. This post is for her today. It's a thank you post for all that she has done for me, and all the unconditional love she has given to me:

Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for showing you care. Thank you for the nice warm hug. Thank you for the words of love. Thank you for teaching me. Thank you for helping me. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for making me smile. Thank you for going the extra mile. Thank you for your listening ear. Thank you for letting me shed a tear. Thank you for your gentleness. Thank you for your tenderness. Thank you, thank you, wonderful you.

Happy mothers day mum. I love you. Forever and always.

xoxo
Leah

2 comments:

  1. This was so beautiful. My mother and I didn't always get along, but I have learned to appreciate all the sacrifices she made for me. My people celebrate Mother's Day on May the 10th, and what I realized is that one day is simply not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That has to be the best present ever! Obviously you are wonderful at raising children too. Great job Leah!

    Akeela

    ReplyDelete