Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Muesday: Calendar Girl

This is basically what me and Gingey are like. I miss you friend!


Update: I found those amazing men's soccer shoes that apparently just don't exist for women (way to fail Nike Soccer) in childrens! It's a good thing I am the size of an average 8 year old and can still wear children's shoes!

Remember that movie Calendar Girlswhere those women posed nude in a calendar to raise money for a charity and were super successful? Well, I'm going to be to be in a calendar kind of like that, except with way more clothes. That's pretty exciting, at least according to me! It's called the Pink Ribbon Pin Up calendar and features breast cancer survivors as pin up girls. I don't know what month I am going to be, but I do know that I am the youngest survivor that is going to be there and apparently I am going to be in a bathtub with bubbles (also, thanks to The Boy who is totally okay with this). How this is going to work I know not, but I think it's pretty rad, mostly because I have a thing for the old pin up girls from the '40's, '50's, and '60's. If I thought I could pull it off, I would totally get a rad tattoo/sleeve of a pin up girl. Unfortunately the fact that I am super indecisive and change my mind about things a million times a day, means I won't ever actually do this. The calendar will be sold nationwide at Safeway's (because they are super awesome and are helping to pay for this amaze-balls calendar) in the month of October (breast cancer awareness month, or the month in which breast cancer is shoved in my face from all angles and people feel the need to shower me with clothing heavily featuring the pink breast cancer ribbon that I won't actually wear because it's ugly and I don't need a reminder. If I wanted to be reminded, all I have to do is look in the mirror, but thanks anyway) with the proceeds going to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation for research and other charitable like things. So keep your eyes peeled for these in the coming months and make sure to pick one up if you can, mainly because I'm going to be in it. Kidding! Because it's for a great cause! But seriously, make sure you get one...

Speaking of being indecisive and unable to make a decision, something I believe to be a key attribute of a legit adult, making me not a real adult by any means, I can't decide what song I would like to share with you all today. I am torn between an old Canadain group who gets me all nostaligic for the days when I was 18 and stupid (well, not stupid per se, just not as smart as I am now), and a new-ish British singer/songwriter who is absolutely splendid, and a ginger. So I have decided that I am going to share both. Think of it as an extra special treat because you're all awesome, and because I am trying to buy/weasle my way into your love and affections.

The first song I am going to share is by one of my favourite Canadian bands (and yes, I do realize that I say that about them all) called Stars. Their album Set Yourself on Fire was probably played about a million times the year and the year after I graduated high school. One of my best friends, Kass and I just couldn't get enough, and now everytime I hear them I think of driving around aimlessly with her in my first car (affectionately called the Yeti becuase of these hideous furry seat covers I had) looking for things to do in Edmonton/Sherwood Park (something that is a lot easier said than done). Since then, Stars have released several albums, but Set Yourself on Fire remains my favourites. So today I give to you One More Night off of Set Yourself on Fire.





The next song I am going to share with you is by a British artist named Ed Sheeran. He's this great singer/songwriter that my sister actually introduced me to, and he's amazing. He's also a ginger, which makes him endearing because some of my favourite people are gingers (isn't that right Gingey?!). He's got this amazing voice and the way he strings notes together is masterful. He's kind of like a mix between Jason Mraz, William Fitzsimmons and Joshua Radin, kind of like if the three of them had a red headed love child. I also had a difficult time picking just one song to share with you all, so I put the album on shuffle and the first song that came up is the one that I am sharing with you lovlies (see, the whole indecisive thing again). So enjoy Grade 8 off of his album +.



Have an awesome Tuesday lovlies!

xoxo
Leah

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. My birthday is in October, and I will definitely be purchasing a few of these babies as a gift for myself, and because I am generous, for a few of my male friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Thanks friend!! That's so awesome! I'm excited to see how this is all going to go down. You can bet your bottom dollar that I will have a post about the experience so you can live vicariously through me!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete