Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Muesday: "Your Costume is a Tub...and Bubbles. Lots and Lots of Bubbles"




Hello my pets! I'm stuck at home sick. What better way to spend my time recuperating than to write this Muesday post. I hate being sick and I haven't had a cold in a really long time, but as The Boy likes to tell me, my fast and furious lifestyle had caught up to me. He says I'm sick because I don't eat properly (toast is most definitely a meal) and because I don't get enough sleep. I hate to admit it, especially because I know for an absolute fact that he will gloat, but I think he's right. I think my mantra of "do all the things" has finally caught up with me and my body is now punishing me. So, here I sit, all snotty and sniffley trying to get rid of my cold by the sheer force of my will and lots of tea. But after an exhausting weekend at the Pink Ribbon Pin Up Calendar shoot, I am more than ready to rest.

Speaking of the Pink Ribbon Pin Up shoot, it was the most fun I've had in a really long time. It was actually amazing. It was lovely to meet a whole bunch of other breast cancer survivors, and get all dolled up. It turns out that I am Miss March. However, I think the most fun for me was getting to be someone completely different and do something that 3 years ago, I would have balked at doing. It was quite funny when the designer and the lead on the project was introducing everyone and saying what each survivor would be portrayed as, and when they got to me, I didn't have a costume. My costume was a tin tub and lots and lots of bubbles. If you had asked me 3 years ago if I would be comfortable being completely nude in front of a bunch of strangers, having my picture taken, I would have said hell no. But, once you've had breast cancer, everyone has seen you at least partially naked at some point in time, and it's not that big of a deal. It was actually quite empowering for lack of a better word. I am so excited to see all the shots that they got and to see the final product! And, because I love you all so very much, I am sharing a few teaser pictures with you to tide you over until the actual calendar comes out. You better all rush to your local Safeway and pick one up when they come out in September!

Now, as most of you know, I am a reality TV junkie. The trashier the better. I love the ones that feature competitions, mostly because I like to see all the talent out there. Now, if you recall a couple seasons ago on American Idol, there was this amazing contestant named Casey Abrams. He played the stand up bass, and a bunch of other things, all on top of having this great bluesy, jazzy, distinctive sound that really made him stand out from the typical bland, cookie cutter pop contestant. I remember being super bummed when he was voted off, because I honestly felt that he had what it took to win and to produce a great album. Well, today his album dropped and lets just say that I am anything but disappointed. The album is self titled and produced by Idol judged Randy Jackson, and has, what I believe to be the quintessential summer song! So, today, I am sharing with you all the dulcet tones of Simple Life by Casey Abrams.



Until next time duckies!

xoxo
Leah

2 comments:

  1. You are brave. Braver that I've ever been asked to be by life, and by those that know me. And just look at how beautiful you are. I can't wait for the calender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! You're so very sweet! Thank you friend! I am sure that you are brave, just in a different way! This made my day! You're just the best!


      xoxo
      L

      Delete