Monday, 18 June 2012

The Pretty Shoes Shouldn't Just Be for Boys: My Mad Football Love Euro Cup 2012


Why don't they make nice soccer shoes for women?! Why do boys always get the awesome ones?! It's not fair!


How excited am I that Euro Cup is on?! Really freaking excited! I love soccer, or football for all you Europeans, and I don't know what I would do if I wasn't still playing. For the past three years I have been spoiled by some amazing soccer matches. 2010 saw the World Cup in South Africa and a heartbreaking loss for my beloved Oranje, to La Roja. Then last summer there was the Women's World Cup, in which the Japanese women's squad surprised everyone and beat the USA (thank god! there is nothing I like better than watching both Abby Wambach and Hope Solo lose. They are honestly the most overrated female players of the game! If your going to be cocky as shit, at least have the skills to back it up like Marta from Brazil), and now, I have Euro Cup 2012, and I am completely obsessed! I unfortunately have to be a real adult and do work at work during the day at this job of mine, which means that I can't stream the matches, but I can have the live score update going and even though I can't see it at the moment, I sit on the edge of my seat, cheering for my teams.

Now, with that being said, I have a bit of a beef with whoever determined the teams that made up the group. Who's genius (and by genius, I mean stupid) idea was it to put both Germany and the Netherlands in the same group? Or England and France? Seriously! This makes me so mad! I want all my favourites to advance, and now, because the Netherlands haven't won, they won't move on. I was so torn watching the Netherlands and Germany play. I love both squads and I couldn't decide who to cheer for. It's like when parents have to choose a favourite child. I can't handle it.

Also, I would also like to say how incredibly jealous I am of the skills that these players have. Seriously, I would given anything to have half the talent that Arjen Robben or Robin van Persie have in one of their feet. That would be amazing.

I know that many people think soccer is an incredibly boring sport to watch and of course, I beg to differ. All I have to say is that if you fall into the category of people who don't have a mad love for the beautiful game, just give it a chance. Sit down and try to appreciate the level of fitness, and skill that it takes to play such an awesome game! I hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy at least a little bit of Euro Cup 2012 before it's over.

I know I've shared this before, but I am going to share it again, mostly because it's completely awesome! I hope everyone has an amazing Monday. See you lovelies tomorrow for Muesday!



xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment