Thursday, 12 July 2012

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To





Guess what every body?! Lopsided is one year old today! Happy birthday to my little blog!

It's funny to think about all the changes a year can bring. I started this blog as a way to get out of my head, and as a way to heal myself. I started it at a time when I felt as if nothing was going to go right and that I would be unlucky in life and love for the rest of my life. I was truly in the depths of despair, or at least that's how I felt. But time is awesome because it gives you perspective. Now, a year later, I am able to take a step back and see how all the things that happened during that period of time that I like to call a shit storm, happened for a reason. Not only am I not unlucky, but I can recognize that I am actually pretty darn lucky, and that I should appreciate it. I needed to have my existential crisis (I'm still going through it somewhat, just not as much), and I needed to have my heart ripped out of my chest, put in a blender with some tequila and then served to me in a glass rimmed with salt (I like to call it a heartbreak margarita). It helped me grow and be a different person...and more badass.

So, I would just like to take a moment and say happy birthday little blog! Thanks for being exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it. You're the best! As long as people keep reading, I will keep writing, and I would probably keep writing even if people didn't read it anymore. What can I say, I like the sound of my own voice!

xoxo
Leah

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Leah's blog! May she never stop posting on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I highly doubt I will stop! It's like therapy...only cheaper. Which leaves more money for important things...like shoes! Thanks for always reading friend! As long as awesome people like you keep reading the silly things I write, I will keep writing!

      xoxo
      L

      Delete