Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Muesday: Curb Your Stupidity Please

It's so super hot here! Yesterday with humidity it was like 40 degrees celcius. All I can say is that I am super happy that my house is air conditioned. I also have to say that I feel really bad for all the people in America Land who are without power and in the sweltering heat. Apparently some woman tried to bake cookies in her car and succeeded? That's insane. However, considering that we live in almost perpetual winter, I am not going to complain about it! Also, one thing that I have an issue with in this heat is leaving pets and children in cars. Seriously, don't do it. They will die. People are stupid and actually do this. It's never okay to leave children and/or pets in such high temperatures. Come on people, let's try to curb the stupidity in these warm temperatures!

One thing that is actually a pretty big deal to me when deciding to date someone is their taste in music. If they have terrible taste in music, no dice. I mean, I think that I have pretty decent musical tastes, but I also know that some of what I listen to is not for everyone. But, if you think that we can have a conversation over LMFAO's "I'm Sexy and I know It" you've got another thing coming. And while I also have a secret shameful love of some country music, I just couldn't date someone who is a fan of all the dime a dozen twangers out there. Like a sense of humor, I need whoever I'm dating to like good music. And by good music, I am talking about artists who actually play their own instruments and who write and sing their own songs, with very little, if any auto tune. It's important for me to be able to talk about all the music I like, and to share that music with someone else. I likewise really enjoy finding out what other people listen to. It's like a window into their personality. So what prompts this little piece about music? Well, first of all it's Muesday, and second of all, because I am super fortunate to be dating someone who has superb taste in music. The Boy gets a giant gold star for this. It's actually one of the things that I initally found so attractive about him, that and his passion for music. Through him I have been introduced to some truly amazing artists, and ones that I have legit never heard of before because he the teensiest bit of a hipster and listens to really obscure British bands. He is currently obssessed with British artist, Richard Hawley. And I must say, he is amazing! The perfect blend of Frank Sinatra and Harry Connick Jr and just all the things that are good about music. So now I kind of have a mad love for Richard Hawley too, and I am going to share Coles Corner with you all today off of his 2005 album Coles Corner. I hope you all fall in love with Hawley just like I did.



xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment