Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Muesday: Okay, I'll Pretend For Just A Little Longer

I really feel as if I am only pretending to be an adult. I can deal for a little while and do adult things and make adult decisions, and pay bills, and have grown up conversations about politics and economics and that whole Eurozone crisis and stuff. But at the end of the day I don't think I will ever be a real adult. I mean, I'm the size of your average 12 year old, and the simple fact of the matter is half the time I just can't deal with all the grown up things, when all I really want to do is have nap time back. I think my existential crisis is back....so that's fun.

Also, I just have to say that massages are perhaps one the creepiest things in the world. Both the regular kind and the "happy ending" kind. So so creepy! Almost as creepy as those unborn fetus goo-baby pictures that expectant parents feel the need to post all over facebook/twitter. But seriously, is anything more awkward or creepy, than laying prone on a table, covered in gross, slimy oils, and having some stranger touch you?! I know there are scores of people out there who will vehemently disagree with me, but just take a minute to think about it...I bet the conclusion you draw is "ya, Leah, you're right, it's actually pretty creepy". The Boy goes all the time (mostly because his work pays for it), and he has been trying to convince me to go forever, but I just can't bring myself to do it. In my mind, something that is supposed to be so wonderful and relaxing shouldn't cause anxiety, and/or hives.

So, I can't take credit for the song that I am sharing today. It comes courtesy of Refinery 29, and it's kind of awesome. It's by Paloma Faith and it's called Picking Up the Pieces and it's kind of amazing. It's like if Adele and Duffy had a love child and her name is Paloma Faith. The whole album is pretty awesome from what I've listened to and I highly recommend it. Also how awesome is the video to this song! It's has such an awesome vintage feeling to it! Enjoy lovelies!



Until next time!

xoxo
Leah


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, massages are creepy. I've only had one (by a professional, I mean), and she told me, before she started, that everyone she has worked on has fallen asleep. That led to a great deal of anxiety because being asleep leaves you vulnerable, and she was, after all, a perfect stranger. Every now and then, the massage felt good, but I would go back to tensing up when I remembered I didn't even know the woman's name.

    ReplyDelete