Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Muesday: The Most Excting Day In Music!

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: being concise is hard. Why say something in 5 words when you can turn it into a well crafted thing of beauty? Also, how can you possibly prove a point or win an argument with a sparse amount of words?! You just can't. If there is one thing that my fancy history degree taught me, is that the bigger the word count the better. I don't even remember the last time I wrote something under 50 pages...Anyway, I digress. While I normally conform to the idea that a well argued point with lots of evidence and a giant list of footnotes is the way to go, I do recognize that sometimes, being concise is okay. Like today.

Today is the day that I have been waiting for all summer. 28 August 2012. Arbitrary I know. What's so special about some idle Tuesday, other than the fact that it's one day closer to the ever looked forward to September Long Weekend? Well my friends the answer to that is simple, and it's only 2 words: Infinity Overhead. Ya that's right. Doesn't make much sense right. It will soon, and by soon, I mean now, make sense.

The new album from one of my most favourite bands in the history of ever came out today! And it's called Infinity Overhead. My love of Minus the Bear came from one of my ex's. While he was a pretty crappy boyfriend, he had superb taste in music, and one good thing that came from our rather disastrous relationship was Minus the Bear. I can't claim to have been a die hard fan from the beginning because that would be a lie, but I can claim to have faithfully been a giant fan since I was introduced to them. I know that I have shared the wonderfulness that is Minus the Bear, but I HAVE to share again because I love them that much and because this is practically the best day since a really long time! So here is Steel and Blood from the brand spanking new album Infinity Overhead. Also, go out and buy the album right now!!!




Until next time my loves!

xoxo
Leah

P.S. See, I told you being concise was hard

2 comments:

  1. All of the people I dated have crappy taste in music. It's always so angry, and sounds like nothing but noise to me.

    I am going to have to check out this band on Spotify before I can really make up my mind, but so far I like what I hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good taste in music is one of my key requirements for dating. If they don't have good taste in music, it's just not going to work.

      And you're lucky! I believe Spotify gave their new album something in the 80's? I know that if gave my favourite Minus the Bear album (Omni) a low score, which upset me, but then I realized that Pitchfork was the one who brought the rating down and I thought to myself "those fucking hipsters have no taste" haha!

      Glad you enjoy it!

      xoxo

      Delete