Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Muesday: The Situation and Pauly D of Politics

This post comes on the heels of Todd Akin's terrifying rape comments. It makes me think that American politics are kind of like watching a really bad, super trashy reality television series. I mean, you've got Mitt "the Robot" Romney, with his weird hand gestures, and hair line that doesn't ever move and his $8 million dollar Italian leather shoes, and his creepy army of sons, to his running mate Paul Ryan, who seems to have borrowed every single dickey that Howard Wolowitz owns from The Big Bang Theory in all of the pictures I have seen of him. Like honestly, it's like they're the Situation and Pauly D of politics. Hilarious, while at the same time pathetic and sad. It's sad because one the one hand I can't believe that people like Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan and Todd Akin actually exist in the 21st century. I'm sorry Todd, but I think you need to go back to high school biology, because last time I checked, a woman's uterus doesn't just "shut that whole thing down". The simple fact that morons like this are running, or at least trying to run America is truly frightening. I'm also pretty sure that this is the complete opposite of progress. Next thing you know, the Republican party will take back women's rights to vote, becuase you know, all the men have come back from the war and can now make all the sound political decision (note the sarcasm). Now, I'm no fancy politition, but I would also like to offer some (logical) advice to Mitt Romney: trickle down economics didn't work for Reagan, and it certainly won't work for you. It's kind like every time someone has invaded Russia: it never works, lots of people die, and you starve to death because of that crazy scorched earth policy. You should start being nice to the middle classes Mitt, and spend less time insulting every single European nation you visit, and talking about how rich you are and how much your handmade Italian leather shoes cost. Statements like those aren't going to endear you to blue collar workers, or anyone who is finding the current economic atmosphere difficult to navigate. I'm not saying that Canadian politics and the leaders of political parties are without flaws, and most Canadians will agree with me. I'm just saying that American politics are that much more flawed and terrifying. Also, perhaps more voters would turn out to vote if the Presidential race was done like American Idol. More people vote for the next American Idol than they do President, which is just mind boggling to me. Think about it: how hilariously awesome would the Presidential Election be if it were based on looks and personality and some semblance of talent, rather than politics and moral values, and economics!? Oh wait...

I would also like to apologize for the lateness of this post, because I do recognize that it is in fact, Wednesday. I know I normally post on Tuesdays, but I had a technology fail yesterday. The internet was down all day where I live, which meant that I couldn't post this wonderful post for all you lovely readers. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. I also didn't realize how completely dependent on the internet and technoloy I am until I had to go without it. Anyway, I have some music for you all. It's calle Sunlight by a lovely artist that goes by the name of Helena. It's just a single so far as I can tell, but I am quite excited for her full length album. So, enjoy this little nugget of goodness and have a fantastic Wednesday!



Until next time duckies!

xoxo
Leah

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am voting for Mitt because I think that men should decide what should be done with my body. Also, Paul Ryan is my hero. If any of this was true, I would jump off a cliff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just absolutely terrifying to me that these people exist, let alone that they are running for office. I'm honestly surprised how they managed to beat their hearts and breath at the same time.

    Also, I bet they were the masterminds behind the Bic Pen for Ladies movement. It's a thing, google it!

    ReplyDelete