Thursday, 23 August 2012

So, This Happened...

Seriously, this is nauseating


I like to be on top of my current events, which is why I read at least 4 different news papers from around the world, every day. I think this stems from my desire to know all the things. Plus, I really like to be right...all the time and being informed really makes this possible. Now, I know that news sources have to print the fluff pieces along with their hard hitting stories, but since when was announcing the engagement of Chad Kroeger and Avril Lavigne considered news worthy? Like who really cares if music's ugliest man from what is probably the most annoying band in the history of ever (with the exception of Metronomy and their female drummer that looks like a ginger Adam Sandler in a dress), and Canada's resident miscreant wannabe punk rock princess with a Peter Pan complex, not unlike Michael Jackson's, are engaged? I most certainly don't. I don't even care for their music, and quite frankly think that Canada has a plethora of way more talented musicians that are severely under recognized. But imagine my frustration when I open up my news sites, and all I see is that Chad and Avril are getting hitched. This is unimportant people! No one cares! There are more important things to report, like how Gambia is going to execute all of it's death row inmates by mid-September, which is very concerning for human rights advocates, or the fact that there is currently a "legitimate" moron running for congress in the United States, and that his "misspoken" comments have made people outraged as far away as Africa. Let's also not forget the fact that there is that whole Eurozone crisis that seems to be fucking things up pretty bad all over the world. But no, those things aren't important. What's important is the size of the ring that Kroeger proposed with, and how it's such a complete shock, given that no one knew that they were actually dating. News flash, people didn't know because they don't actually care. It's just so confusing to me as to why people actually want to know this. I mean, let's face it, they will get married, and becuase they're both type A personalities who need constant validation of their wonderfulness, which neither of them can give each other, they will eventually divorce. The whole world will be SHOCKED! Just so shocked, and then all the papers will report are the dirty details of what will probably be a very public divorce.

It's a vicious cycle. Dammit.

xoxo
Leah

6 comments:

  1. yes... I'm on your page.. disgusting and pathetic... and scarey because celebs have now officially replaced our children's definition of heroes! So much done for the wrong reasons.. so the motivating factor may be what it's all about in a lot of life's scenatios.. so I appreciate the motivating reason you are writing this post! To inform people not to be blind.. re-evaluate their values.. and pls don't worships idols in Hollywood:-) Good job Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend!

      I just don't understand why anyone would care. Regular people get engaged all the time and people are going nuts about it. There are far more important things going on in this world than the fact that those two are getting married. haha! Just another one of my rants!

      Delete
  2. For the sake of society, I hope they don't procreate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both friend. you and me both. I can tell you right now that they would have the WORST children.

      Delete
  3. It makes sense that they would end up together. I am ashamed that I know this, but wasn't she dating some dude named Brody?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was indeed. One of the spawn of Bruce Jenner. It's also sad that I know this.

      Ugh! What is the world coming to?!

      Delete