Friday, 5 October 2012

Better Late Than Never?

Hello friends,

I'm so terribly sorry that this post is coming so late and not on its regularly scheduled Tuesday. I've been super busy and kind of sick, and by kind of sick, I think I've got the black lung. So by the end of my exhausting days all I want to do is go home, take off all my stuffy work clothes, sit in sweat pants and watch trashy TV. And in the midst of all that I totally forgot to post shit that only I think is interesting/funny. I'm a terrible person I know. My life is already promising to be get busier from here. On the plus side, I get not one but two offices, in a super old building that is probably haunted. I think that's the only plus side though. I haven't quite decided yet.

You know that feeling of excitement you get when you have a trip planned and the closer and closer to your departure date that you get, the more excited you are? Like so excited that it's hard to sleep, and all you want to do is leave right now because you legitimately haven't taken time off all summer and you just want to get your shop on excites? Ya that's the boat I am currently in. I'm leaving on a little vacation in 2 weeks time and I just want it to be right now. I need a break! I need time to breath, even if that means that I have to pack (which I HATE doing with every fibre of my being). The Boy and I are taking a little trip that promises to be filled with good music, great food and even better shopping. In exchange for going to see the Smashing Pumpkins (of which I am not a huge fan), The Boy has promised me that I can go to all the shopping places on my list. Little does he know that vacations usually turn into ginormous shopping trips where I spend a lot of money on things that I don't particularly need, but can't resist because I have a minor shopping/clothes hoarding problem. Don't judge. Some people are addicted to drugs, and weird things like sleeping with their hair dryer, or pretending to be a toddler even though they are a grown man, and I'm addicted to pretty things. It happens. Also, my new big kid job doesn't help this. Anyway, I want to go right now. Patience is not a virtue that I possess and it's really difficult for me to wait. Oh well, only two more weeks!

Also, can I just say that the month of October needs a good punch in the throat. I'm being 100% serious. I hate the month of October with a passion, and I wouldn't be overly bothered if it just decided to fuck right off and die. More on this later.


So, I've been kind of obsessed with Imagine Dragons album Night Visions as of late. I randomly heard the song It's Time on a rare occasion in which I actually was listening to the radio, and I thought to myself "hey, this is actually pretty good". So I went home and downloaded the album, and I am so happy I did. The whole thing is amazing, and has been on repeat ever since. Finally a band out of Las Vegas that actually sounds good (let's face it, The Killers have sucked hard on every album they've produced after Hot Fuss). So I figure today, because I've failed big time at updating my lovely little blog as of that I would buy everyone's love and affection by sharing It's Time with you all. Let's face it, I will probably continue to fail you all, but hey, at least I'm consistent! You'll really like it I promise!





Until next time my doves!

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers and friends!

Xoxo
Leah








No comments:

Post a Comment