Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Muesday: Failure? Most Definitely.



This is what happened the last time I tried to clean out my closet. The keep pile was far bigger than the donate pile. I have a problem. Don't judget me.


I've decided that I am going to attempt to do something. There is a high probability that I will in fact fail, but I am going to try it anyway. What is this thing that I'll most likely fail at, you ask? Well, I have decided that for the month of November, I am going to go on a self imposed shopping ban. Gasp, I know. Me, Leah, not shop? Has hell frozen over and is the zombie apocalypse upon us? No dear friends, it is not. I have just decided that I have lots of pretty things, some of which still have the tags left on them, and that I should probably wear them instead of always wanting more. I also know that this is completely unoriginal. I suppose the idea came from one of my favourite bloggers, Elizabeth Jayne Liu, the hilarious genius behind Flourish in Progress who went without shopping for a whole year. That's hardcore thug life right there. I know for an absolute fact that I would not be able to go a whole year without shopping, because let's be serious, I love pretty things far too much for that, and and I'm not that big of a masochist. So, I figure I'll go a month. A month of staying out of Anthropologie and J.Crew, and all my other favourite stores. A month of not buying new shades of nail polish and using the full bottles I already have, and a month of living frugally. That being said, there are some things on my list that I am going to allow myself to buy, just necessities and the like (unfortunately, leopard print booties are not a necessity), but that's it. It's time to give my credit card and bank account a little (much needed) vacation. So, wish me luck. I'm sure I'll be on here updating those of you who care as to whether I'm failing. Maybe if I give myself a prize as the end? But I feel like that kind of defeats the purpose of this little endeavour. We'll see.

So, this is probably the best thing to happen in music ever! At least for me! One of my all time favourite groups is back together! Rays of light shone down from heaven and a host of baby angels sang out hallelujah's at this news! I was seriously so bummed when The Hush Sound went on hiatus (which is really just a fancy word for "we can't stand the sight of each other anymore") and everyone went off to pursue solo stuff, which was always kind of shitty and just lacked the magic that The Hush Sound had as a group. So, you can all imagine my excitement when I read this article. I actually think I jumped out of my chair. Their last album was just kind of okay, but So Sudden and Like Vines have got to be two of my favourite albums of all time ever! This makes it very hard for me to pick just one song to share with you but I think I am going to share We Intertwined off of Like Vines, with you all today. I promise you'll love it, and then you can all be excited for the impending comeback of The Hush Sound!



Also, have a happy and safe Halloween everyone! I hope you all commit the sin of gluttony today!

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment