Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Muesday: I am Terrified for the Future of Humanity

Hi friends,

So I am endeavouring to be less of a failure this week. I am going to be a good almost adult and find a better balance in my life.

This past weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving, and I tried my hand at cooking. And by tried my hand at cooking, I mean I peeled potatoes while watching my mum create magic at making delicious food. Honestly, I don't think I will ever be able to cook like that. She's amazeballs. Basically, I made my inner fat kid really happy and spent a wonderful long weekend with my family. Now, in this family time, we went to go see the movie End of Watch. It was actually pretty good. There was a lot of gratuitous violence, and Jake Gyllenhall, what's not to like?! Now, I wouldn't classify this movie as child appropriate. I wouldn't even classify it as being appropriate for audiences under 18. There are some pretty mature themes, like drugs and human trafficking and murder and lots of swearing. I don't know who in their right mind would think that a movie in which every second word of the dialogue is fuck or shit would think that this is appropriate for children. But I kid you not, sitting in the theatre I noticed that there were several children sitting with their parents. One little girl couldn't have been older than 6. At first I thought perhaps they accidentally went to the wrong theatre, that they had taken a wrong turn on their way to Hotel Transylvania or Frankenweinie. But no, no they didn't. Now I think that it's just so wrong to expose young children to these things. They aren't mature enough to understand what's going on and if they see their parents enjoying a movie with a scene in which the police find several people tortured and dismembered in a house, they might think that it's okay for people to do this. It's not. It's categorically wrong, and it makes me wrong that some parents are complete fuck ups and think that this is okay. I look at these people and I can't help but be terrified for the future of humanity.

I don't know what it is about the fall that makes me obsess with lovely songs. Tristan Prettyman's Say Anything is only one of those songs. It's kind of sappy, but absolutely gorgeous. It's off her newest album, and it just makes me so happy and gives me the warm and fuzzies. I don't know why I think of cold days snuggled up under the blankets watching my favourite movie and drinking cup after cup of delicious David's Tea (I'm for serious, the organic stormy night is like heaven in a cup). It's kind of like the perfect fall song in opinion. And because I'm not going to be a failure this week, I am going to share it with you right now.





Until next time lovelies!

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment