Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Muesday: In Which I Get Kicked Out Yet Again

Well, I can add one more place to the list of establishments/locations that I have been kicked out of: The Cross Cancer Institute. I think this is the one case where I am completely, 100% okay with being kicked out. I don't know if you guys know this, but cancer hospitals are basically the most depressing place on the face of the planet. Everyone is always so quiet and scared, and it's very draining on you, especially if you're an outgoing asshole like myself, who makes inappropriate cancer jokes, and rants about all the different labels that get applied to people because of cancer (but that dear friends, is a rant for a different time and a different place). Needless to say I am pretty pumped about only having to go back for MRI's everyone once in a while. However, while I am elated, the little hypochondriac in me is freaking out just a little bit. It's kind of like that feeling when you are a little kid and you're standing at the edge of the high dive looking down at the water below you. You're terrified and have been psyching yourself up to actually jumping, but when that moment arrives and you're standing on the precipice of the unknown, you honestly don't know what to do. It's a really weird feeling, and I am probably not doing a very good of explaining it. I hope this makes sense...maybe?

Keeping on with the goodness of this week, The Boy and I are heading off on a little vacation. Unfortunately it isn't some place warm with beaches and sand, but it does include two concerts and a whole whack of shopping. The Boy just laughs when I mention shopping because I don't think he really knows what he's gotten himself into. Is he ever in for a rude awakening. He says he's made us an itinerary, which is great because I can barely handle my life on a day to day basis, so it's nice to know that he has some kind of contingency plan in place, but I doubt he will have prepared enough for the hours, nay, DAYS that will be spent in and out of lovely stores that are only available in the states. It's also a good thing that he continues to be the grown up in our relationship.


Now this week I am giong to share with you all a lovely little band that I randomly discovered last week. They are called The Paper Kites and hail from Australia. I don't know why I don't listen to more Australian artists because I am never disappointed when eventually stumble acroos their music. The Paper Kites are definitely up there for me with Tin Sparrow and Boy and Bear. Just so much awesomeness! So, today I am going to share a lovely little ditty called Bloom of of their latest EP Woodland. It's just a sweet song so I hope you all enjoy it!



Until next time lovelies!

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment