Tuesday, 19 March 2013

I Win. Again.

Nothing gives me more joy than to point out when people are being idiots. I just love it. I mean, there are a lot of stupid people in this world, and I like to think that by telling they are being stupid and showing them how to correct their mistakes that I am actually doing the world a favour. However, nothing gives me more joy than ripping someone a new asshole when they deserve it.

A little over a year ago I wrote a post titled "Spirit Hoods: You Look Like an Asshat". I even included a handy flow chart to help you determine if you're a giant douche canoe. Now, this is just my opinion. You don't have to take it as gospel, and please feel free to disagree with me. But if you do decide to disagree with me and decide to articulate your feelings about it, at least have the decency to form a proper argument as to why do you don't like what I had to say. Case in point: someone who chose to remain anonymous decided to leave some rather disparaging comments about my personality on said post. In Dutch. Well one comment was in Dutch, but their second comment was in English, with spelling mistakes. I'll give them the spelling because there seems to be a language barrier. But with that being said, this piece was my opinion. I'm allowed to have an opinion about something, especially if I think that thing is ridiculous and a complete and utter waste of money and time. The beauty about an opinion is that anyone can have one, regardless of whether it's right or wrong. People may disagree with you, but that's okay. That's how meaningful discussions come about. I don't take offense to the fact that this person disagreed with me. On the contrary, I'm quite pleased that someone does. It isn't often that people will straight up tell you that they think you're blowing hot air out of your ass, so it's rather refreshing. However, if you disagree with my opinion, tell me why. Present me with evidence and counter arguments as to why you think  I'm wrong. Don't throw around words like "stupid" and "ridiculous", and then proceed tell me that I am a "nobody" and that there is something "deeply wrong with me" and that I am a "sad person". I can assure that while I may do stupid things from time to time, I am not a stupid person. My GPA and the fact that I have been published several times can attest to that. I will also fully recognize that yes, I am in fact a ridiculous person, however, not in the context that you are referring to, and I take great offense to that. Also, I most certainly am a somebody, unlike you, and your cowardly choice to remain anonymous. You are the nobody, literally. If you're going to say all these things about me, at least have some proof to back it up, and as far as I can tell, you have zero evidence. God gave you a brain that has the ability to think. I suggest that you use whatever critical thinking faculties you possess to form a logical, rational argument, free from excessive emotion and name calling, and then we'll talk. I don't know  who you are are, and I am fairly certain that we have never met, which means that you know nothing about who I am or what I do. Basically it seems to me that when you came across this particular post, you were in all likelihood, sitting at your computer wearing your favourite Spirit Hood, and realized by the end that you look completely moronic. Next time you decide to pick a fight, have the balls to show me who you are. Don't just hide behind anonymity. Coward.

Like I said before, I welcome feedback, and opinions. I appreciate them even. But, if you are going to pick a fight, make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew. Otherwise I will write a blog post about you to show the world what an idiot you are, and in the process, rip you to shreds. Don't try to pick a fight with me because I can guarantee that you will lose. Every. Single. Time. I hope this is exactly what you wanted.

Have a lovely day Duckies!

xoxo
Leah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment