Monday, 25 March 2013

Move More Than Your Feet!

 Team Cancer Is My B*tch, BaM 2013!

This past weekend was amazing!

You have no idea how excited I was so excited for last week to end. I was thrilled for two two reasons: 1) because my work week had been nothing short of insane. I think I spent more time in my office and at Committee estimates meetings at the Legislature this past week than I did at home. Work is one of the reasons why I have been a terrible slacker here. It's just very hard to want to sit down at a computer at the end of the day to write a blog post when I have been staring at a computer screen all day, and running around to a million meetings. Being an adult is hard. 2) I was super pumped because this weekend was Bust a Move for Breast Health Edmonton! I was fortunate last year to have been a part of the executive committee that helped plan and pull off  this event, and for some strange reason, the Alberta Cancer Foundation wanted me back for second year. Bust a Move for Breast Health is a 6 hour work out event, in which participants sweat and shimmy and shake their way to a cancer free future.

The event this year was even more amazing than last year. The only way that I can describe how awesome it was, is by saying that it was pink and sparkly and so much fun. I was also super happy to have my lovely mother and gentleman beside me. It was awesome to sweat and laugh and have a blast with two of my favourite people in the whole world. Even better yet, we raised a whopping $430,000 for the Cross Cancer Institute. I still find it hard to believe that I get to a part of such an incredible movement.

I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who supported me and donated to my team for this wonderful event. I couldn't have done it without your generosity!

If you want to see what Bust a Move really means to me, you can watch this promo video I did. Maybe it'll be what gets you to join this amazing movement!



Love Always,
Leah



1 comment: